Zucchini stuffed with corn, tomato and fresh dill


It sure feels like spring today, with the sun shining I went for a nice long walk with the little one along the trail. Everyday I look out the window at my garden...knowing that in a few more weeks I will be able to plant my veggies. The garden center is open next weekend. YAY!

I don't blog about every meal I make, sometimes I think that it isn't blog worthy, or it just disappears before I can take a picture:P  This just looked so colourful, and once I tasted it I knew it was a keeper.
This dish is inspired by the recipe from "Vegan Planet", and I can only hope that I am able to recreate it with my garden veggies:)

I made a basic Greek salad and brown rice. It was yummy, and tasted so fresh.

3 zucchini- cut length wise and then in half: scooped out with a melon baller or spoon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion- minced
3 cloves garlic-minced
1 red pepper - small diced
3/4 cup frozen corn kernnels
1/2 large can of diced tomatoes- drained and minced
2 tbsp fresh dill
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp cane sugar
sea salt
freshly ground pepper

3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 tsp dried dill
3 tbsp olive oil

Mince the scooped out part of the zucchini.
Preheat oven to 350, grease a 9 x13 baking dish.
Place the shells of the zucchini in the dish, season with salt and pepper.

Heat oil in saute pan, add onion, garlic, red pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft.
Add tomato, corn, dill oregano, and let simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Season with sugar, lemon, sea salt and pepper.
Scoop mixture into the shells.
Pour a 1/2 cup water into the dish, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until soft.


In a small bowl combine bread crumb topping.
Mix with your fingers, until evenly coated.
Scoop onto zucchini and place in the oven on broil for 10 minutes or until golden.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com