Caesar salad with pumpkin seeds


We had a spaghetti dinner tonight...I used my basic tomato sauce and a little TVP for "bolognese" style. This salad was an after thought, but it was the star for sure. I didn't have any capers, so I use a dill pickle.I cubed up some flax bread , with a quick toss in olive oil and a few spices, on a baking sheet in the oven for 6 minutes and you got croutons. I added toasted pumpkin seeds for a little twist. I am sure that there is many types of caesar dressing, this is what I threw together.

  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 medium pickle- chopped
  • 1/4 cup soy milk
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 lemon-juiced
  • vegetable oil
  • sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper

In a blender put all ingredients except for oil. Blend. Remove lid and slowly pour oil into pickle mixture, until thickens to a creamy consistency. Pour into a jar and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com