The Outdoors Is Calling




I spent the better part of the weekend washing up our deck to get it ready for a fresh coat of white stain. I just couldn't bear watching the neighbors put out chair after table after umbrella of cheerful furniture knowing that ours was stacked up in storage waiting for the deck to receive a spring face lift. I have even taken to (almost) daily trips through Pier 1 & World Market trying to decide on a backyard color scheme. I know it might sound crazy but as this is the first spring/summer in our new home I want the deck to be perfect. Porches, patios, verandas, docks and decks just ooze of ease and relaxation. They smell of fragrant flowers and herbs and pop with color and life. I love the bare feet, the tossed pillows the bbq warming up for a casual meal. Thank goodness we have made it to the warmth. I wish all of you bright sunshines and maybe a siesta or two!

*photographs (1,2 & 4) via marthastewart.com and photograph (3) via toast
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com