The quest for the ultimate vegan chocolate chip cookie

Let me start out by saying that this is by far the best vegan chocolate chip cookie I have made...EVER!

Usually I find myself returning to the same old recipe because I know it works, but there was always something missing. I like my chocolate chip cookie soft, with a little crisp on the edge.

To get this its all about the cooking of the cookie. Which is why I have experimented with how long the cookie is in the oven for. I use to put them in for 12 minutes, and always came out crunchier then I liked. Reducing the time down to 9 minutes, they might look under done, but trust me, pull them out and let them cool on the pan for 3 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.

I tweaked this recipe that I found on vegweb.com and watched a few youtube videos, that is where I got the idea to add the molasses. Which is what I think was totally missing.

I will be selling these cookies at the market tomorrow (among other yummy treats), so come by and taste one! 2304 Hunter Street in Halifax (the corner of Hunter and Cunard)


2 cups flour
1 cup organic sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips

1/2 cup veggie oil
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp black strap molasses

Preheat oven to 350.
In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
In a smaller mixing bowl combine wet ingredients.
Pour wet into dry and mix with a wooden spoon, until mixed up good.(I used my hands to really get it mixed up).
Roll into balls and squish down with the your fingers on a parchment lined pan.
Bake in the oven for 9 minutes. (this is the best for my oven, you might need to experiment with the timing on yours, every oven heats differently :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com