Summer strawberry cream pie

I love summer...especially love the fruit it brings. There is always a special place in my stomach for strawberries :P This year I am going to take the girls to the berry farm, and pick some. Last year we went blueberry picking, we enjoyed ourselves...17 pounds later.

Its been a pretty nice June for us here in Nova Scotia, sunshine one day and fog the next :P I am at the Hubbard's Barn Farmers Market again tomorrow, selling my vegan goodies.What better to celebrate summer then fresh local strawberries!

I picked up a couple of baskets and at first I was thinking strawberry muffins, keeping in mind that the market is a morning thing,and then I thought why not make mini-pies or tarts?

I made the pie crust with vegetable shortening. The filling is similar to my coconut banana cream pie, but this time I used half almond milk, half coconut milk.  Sliced the fresh strawberries, and arranged them nicely. TA-DA! Done :)

I still have a basket of strawberries left....muffins?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com