Profile: Elizabeth Showers

One glance at jewelry designer Elizabeth Showers’s blissful collection and it is obvious that she inherited her mother’s eye for color. Beautiful shades of azure, turquoise, pale green and lemon reign supreme. Elizabeth began her creative journey at her grandmother’s kitchen table. “I have such great memories of being with my grandmother. I can remember at age 5 making clay leaf necklaces spray-painted gold with hand-painted ornaments.”

Prior to launching her jewelry collection Elizabeth struggled with an eating disorder. She entered recovery from anorexia at age 20 and soon rediscovered her creative passion while taking jewelry-making classes. Eager to reengage in a creative endeavor Elizabeth began selling her semi-precious jewels to friends. Once she formally embarked on her new career, Neiman Marcus launched her first major collection.

Passionate that women should feel as beautiful on the inside as they do the outside, she created her company logo in the shape of a star. “Hope Star” is the symbol she now places on almost all of her jewelry to serve as a reminder that women should feel beautiful every day.

Elizabeth designed the Hope Star Jewelry Collection to benefit two eating disorder charities, National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) and The Elisa Project. Today she is an ambassador for the two eating disorder awareness organizations and a member of The Dallas Museum of Art. You can find Elizabeth’s designs online and through regional retailers. You can also see her new sterling silver jewelry collection on QVC.

Elizabeth is graciously giving away one sterling silver Hope Star pendant with white sapphire to an All the Best reader. Simply leave a comment and one reader will be selected next week.


How would you describe your personal style?
Simple, easy and fun. I am not fussy (well, except when it comes to messing with my hair).

What inspires your creativity and designs?
Bold colors especially turquoise. I also love unusual architecture and art. I am creatively inspired by travel. I absolutely love to travel especially to foreign countries—Thailand, Spain, Italy, South Africa and Botswana are some of my favorites. My two of my favorite places in the US are Orcas Island and New York. Meditation, yoga and kickboxing put me into creative mode as well!! And of course my mom [Jan Showers] will always be a huge source of inspiration.

What is your most prized possession?
My Pug-Lab-Boxer-Mastiff-Mix Mutt dog, Whitney. However I don't think she is really a possession. Truthfully, I think she possesses me. I also adore my chocolate brown 50th anniversary-edition Mini Cooper with it's incredible toffee colored leather interior, turquoise stitching and white piping—when I drive it, I feel like a kid playing in a go-cart.

What is the one thing in life you cannot live without
?
My best friends

Who are your style icons?
Grace Kelly, Kate Winslet (I love how comfortable she is in her beautiful womanly body), Jennifer Garner (I sometimes want to be Sydney Bristow, her Alias character), Tina Fey in all her hilarious glory; my maternal grandmother of whom I called "Mom," and my real mom of course!

Who would you most like to collaborate with on a project?
IT'S A TIE: 1) Tina Fey and her team of writers; 2) I would love to do a project with Kenneth Cole. I love his passion for developing public awareness around important humanitarian movements. He is definitely a great role model in my industry. He inspires me to use my Hope Star/feel beautiful message in an even bigger way.

What books are currently on your bedside table?
I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett and loved it!
Seven Days in the Art World by Sarah Thornton
Next by Michael Crichton
The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity by Edwene Gaines
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

What is your favorite luxury in life
?
Being able to make choices! And, escaping to a great movie, especially when it's TEXAS HOT outside. For the great movie "luxury" I can either be alone or holding hands with the cute man I am dating (like teenagers in the back row).

What is your idea of earthly happiness?
Laughing and hanging out with my best friends for a fun weekend getaway!

Past or present who has most influenced your direction in life?
It's a toss-up between the following: my parents, my sister Susanna, my maternal grandparents, my nanny Willie from my childhood and my dog Whitney for her unconditional love.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com