{idea notebook+katie} Chic and Cheap Home Office Solutions







Recently I revamped my home office space using an eclectic mix of storage options and color to create a functional and fun working space (on the cheap). I started by painting the inside of my unused, and now converted, pantry a preppy, kelly green. This bold, unexpected color creates a great visual impact that inspires and energizes me. The result was more delicious than I imagined! The next task I turned to was organizing. If there's one thing I love more than organizing, it's a beautiful storage container. Wicker baskets for towels, canvas bins for blankets or a punchy, fabric-covered magazine holder for your favorite glossies. I quickly filled the shelves with great finds from See Jane Work, The Container Store and Target, carefully creating continuity with blocks of color and pattern. One of my favorite storage bins is a repurposed fuchsia and orange Kate Spade shoe box which holds my bundles of greeting cards. (This is actually a great storage tip: If a shoe box, hat box or shirt box is well-made they make great storage containers. Nothing beats a beautiful shoe box... thank you auntie!) For the final touches I used an old robin's egg blue, patio chair I had on hand and fluffled it up with a fun floral pillow, hung artwork in the new color scheme and added a whimsical coat rack for aprons and smocks. The result is refreshing and easy on the budget. So next time you're in posession of a fabulous box, basket or chair, don't toss it...revamp it!

- Katie


*Photography via See Jane Work and from Katie Brophy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com