Bánh mì vegan sandwich: pickled daikon

When I was in Toronto over the holidays we were 2 blocks away from the best Vietnamese sandwich place, I went there every day and picked a couple up. Who can argue with a delicious $1.75 sandwich?  Being back home is nice but I miss the perks of city living.

With all the left over seitan, that I made on my last post, I decided to try and recreate them. I learned how to make pickled daikon when I was working in the restaurants. I have a jar in my fridge!

What you  need:

buns or baguette
grated carrot
fresh cilantro
mushroom ( not necessary, but I love'm)
seitan- sliced
onion- sliced
vegan mayo
pickled daikon 

Vinaigrette 

4 tbsp tamari
4 tbsp canola oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp dulse flakes
1/4 tsp sesame oil
pinch of chilies

Combine all ingredients into a mason jar and shake.

Saute the seitan with the onions and mushrooms. 
Assemble sandwich style



To make pickled daikon: peel and chop daikon into sticks. Make a solution of 1 to 1 vinegar/sugar. Blend until dissolved. Fit as much of the daikon into mason jar and pour the vinegar over. 
Keep in the fridge




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com