{hello everyone+katie} Decor for Cool Tots










Hi Everyone! I'm so excited and honored to be a contributor on the fabulous Nichole Staker Design & Style Blog. I have so many great memories of working with Nichole at Anthropologie and I'm thrilled to be working with her again. So, let's get started!

I recently had a baby in November. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I couldn't wait to start designing her room. My search for inspiration led me to Room for Children: Stylish Spaces for Sleep and Play, a beautiful hardcover book which I found on Amazon for $29.70! It has the most plush, colorful and chic children's room decor on every page. I knew I was in for a treat when I saw that Kelly Wearstler wrote the forward! Here is a tidbit from my favorite room...

This baby nursery has a very hip color palette (image courtesy of Rizzoli); ice blue walls, chocolate brown striped chair, cool window treatment and fuchsia carpet tiles all work together beautifully to create a bright, warm environment. I especially love the giraffe wall decal! Decals work wonders in children's rooms by adding a touch of whimsy and playfulness plus they are a non-commitment, allowing you to modify the decor as your child grows. I find that etsy and whatisblik have a great selection. And p.s., check out this grandfather clock decal with a real clock affixed to the top...a wonderfully clever and absolutely cute idea! (image courtesy of oprah.com).

- Katie



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com