Welcome Spring




I have to admit that this has been a tough Iowa winter for all of us. I have found myself dreaming of a long overdue vacation to Hawaii. But now spring is starting to peek her head out from behind the frost. Ever so slowly the days are getting longer and the sunshine seems brighter than a month ago. I am feeling the desire to refresh my kitchen cupboards, sweep out the garage and paint my work bench pink. I also love the idea of spring flowers blooming where cold, white snow once laid. It makes me think of vases filled with lilacs and fresh white duvet covers (check out Anthropologie for yummy options or Restoration Hardware if you tend to like things crisper).

Since nothing truly embraces spring for a New Yorker like strolling through the bountiful nature of the New York Botanical Gardens I thought I would share some pictures of their wonderful Crab Apple Trees I found on a recent exploration of their site. If you can't make the trip, check out your local botanical gardens or even visit a local nursery for fresh Spring inspiration... she has almost sprung!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com