Coconut Chocolate Macaroons


The good  folks at Tropical Traditions sent me a big jar of  Virgin Coconut Oil to sample. When the mail person delivered it to my door this morning I quickly opened the box, then the jar... took a sniff and stuck my finger into the thick coconut goop, tasted it YUM!

I love coconut, but I have never worked with coconut oil before. It sort of  reminds me of sun tan lotion:P  This is my first recipe. I wanted to keep that amazing coconut flavor. Rummaged through my cupboards and decided to make coconut macaroons, with a little chocolate flare:P  This is not to be mistaken for the french macaron, that I have been seeing all over the blog world.  Which is probably why I made these...subliminal messaging (must make macaron:P)

  • 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1//4 cup soy milk-(if I had almond I would of used it)
  • 2 tbsp Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil-melted
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.  Mix wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
Combine the two together. Stir it up.
Spoon onto a parchment papered baking sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com