Israeli Couscous Salad


I love salads, and the weather is warming up... that means fresh local produce and the Hubbards Farmers Market! I know, I know I am a little early, as it is only March but all this sunshine is getting me excited for spring and summer.


I went to the bulk barn last week and bought enough beans and grains to last a month, which is good. I hate going to the grocery store. I feel like I am there WAY to much. If its not soymilk we are out of, its bread.
I have been looking into the soy milk maker machines...does any one own one of these? It must be a better product then the boxed stuff, I mean fresh milk at your disposal, and in 15 minutes?I would love to know if it is worth it.  


This is a great salad, it keeps well in the fridge. Make a big batch and take it to work for lunches.
The falafel patty you see in the background is a great addition...chickpea patty recipe

  • 1 cup cooked Israeli couscous
  • 1/2 cucumber- small diced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper- small diced
  • 2 green onions-minced
  • 4 tbsp fresh cilantro-minced
  • 1 lemon-juiced
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl combine all ingredients, stir it up and enjoy!








    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    My Ping in TotalPing.com