My Favorite Things: Malcolm James Kutner

Sakowitz; Houston, Texas 1976

This is the third 'My Favorite Things' series, and it's one that I look forward to posting all season long. Not only is it one of my very favorite song titles (I LOVE the John Coltrane version), but also, I love knowing what others cherish and hold dear, especially at this time of the year. This year I thought it seemed appropriate to start with one of my very favorite people.

Favorite gift to give this year?
I am currently smitten by anything from De Vera on Crosby Street right here in NYC.

Favorite way to celebrate the holidays?
All of the amazing Christmas parties in New York; a private Christian celebration; carols and eggnog around the fire with family on Christmas Eve. And then Belize for New Year’s.

Favorite current book
?
Same at Christmas as any time of year: Rainer Maria Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet.

Favorite holiday song?
Carol Of The Bells by The Bird And The Bee.

Favorite party clothes?
Blackwatch trousers and a black velvet jacket.

Favorite cookie?
It has to be snickerdoodles. A dozen, all in a row.

Favorite place to shop?
Fortuny in the D&D Building in NYC. The journals and the umbrellas are my signature gifts this year.

Favorite movie to watch again and again
?
It’s a toss up between The Holiday and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

Favorite holiday memory?
Spending time at The River House in Sweeny (Texas not NYC) as a kid.

Favorite charity?
The Child Mind Institute

Profile by Ronda Carman
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com