{inspiration} My Blue and Orange Heaven






If you haven't already discovered I have two design personalities. One loves soft swaths of gray and whites. Couldn't we all live forever under layers of yummy chenille, luxurious cotton and a touch of faux fur? However, my other personality loves strong, bold colors and fantastic prints. A great stripe or incredible pattern can bring me the purist of joy.
Different as they may be, what remains consistent throughout my work is how I am drawn to the push and pull of masculine and feminine; my undying love of metallic pops, a fancy for Lucite and my desire to anchor spaces with a great rug. However it is approached, a room needs to have a strong, singular vision that inspires it dwellers. Forget creating a room that follows trends rather embrace creating balance and harmony.
So, today in celebration of the bolder side of decorating, I wanted to inspire you with the work of L.A. based Interior Designer, Molly Luetkemeyer. Her rooms are brave with extraordinary use of color and pattern. In the samples above she embraces a palette that I adore; blue + orange+ bright white+ black (and a touch of citron for fun). She is committed to her vision, she makes it work & isn't it just beautiful.
Have a wonderful week everyone!

*Photography via Coco+Kelley
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com