David Patrick Columbia


Yesterday I had the pleasure of having lunch at Michael’s with New York luminary David Patrick Columbia, founder of New York Social Diary. Hardly a person passed by our table without stopping to shake his hand or say hello. His chronicling of New York and society began in 1993 as a monthly society column in Quest magazine. Then in 2000 David decided to become independent and take his project online. Each day, with the help of his business partner, Jeffrey Hirsch, David documents society with his unique personal reflection.

NYSD was a huge source of inspiration to me when I started All the Best four years ago. After a long lunch, book shopping at Archivia and much talk about the online world, I realize that it was very much like meeting a long lost friend. What a thrill to read his account of our lunch this morning. Thanks David.

Photo: New York Times
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com