{holiday} A Neighborhood of Lights



I know it is usually product day on NSD&S, but I found these pictures of this fantastic little neighborhood in Baltimore called Hampden, situated ever so appropriately on 34th street. It seems that for some 62 years (give or take) the homeowners have been decking their homes in a joyous festival of lights. This tradition still burns bright today and what I love most about it is how this one street represents a shared holiday celebration. So however outlandish, crazy or beautiful it might be to you, I love how it gives everyone who witnesses it a moment of smile. I love how it is a perfect representation of the true meaning of the holidays... coming together. Let us not forget that this season isn't about the things or the gifts rather the pure joy that we can give to each other in the giving. May the joy of this little neighborhood continue into yours. Happy Holidays!

*Photography via Apartment Therapy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com