A Pretty Face


I am becoming obsessed with the exterior of our house. My plan is to repaint this spring and my mind is overwhelmed with color. My desire is to transform the outside of the house to reflect (or at least reference) what we are creating on the inside of the house. I see pink flowering plants, white shutters and a rich, modern color.

At first I wanted a deep, indigo blue with a wood or white door- I thought it would be a bold, yet darling, statement for the neighborhood. Another option then became charcoal gray with a soft blue door- still bold yet subtler and more romantic. My latest vision is a cross between both colors with a black door. Needless to say the process and possibilities seem endless. Not to mention I will still have to decide on what knobs or levers to use once a color is selected or if I should add a pedant light over the front door for welcoming guests. I have combed countless magazines and paint swatches and have come to realize that although I work with interior spaces an exterior solution is something entirely different.

What I have successfully figured out is there are a multitude of options out there to assist home owners with this decision. Better Homes and Gardens has a remodeling website that offers tips and ideas for exterior renovations including before and after shots for visual aids and most paint companies now offer online color selection software or downloads to help in your decision making process. I would also encourage you to consult a professional painter who is well versed in exteriors (different colors ware better over time or work better with the existing nature surrounding your home) and think about what you want your house to say about you. As for me, I will get back to you this spring.

* photo credit by David Foster
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com