Hardware: a Refurbishers face-lift




Hardware, hardware, hardware! I can't say it enough times how a simple piece of hardware can literally be a quick and easy face-lift for a piece of furniture, door, or cabinet. In today's market it is fairly easy to find interesting hardware at many local, big box, d-i-y stores, flea markets or salvage yards. Knobs, drawer pulls, hooks and hinges are all possible options for a quick swap.

A tip to keep in mind when shopping is to know what style you want to convey with your hardware change. Pick a specific color story or theme to guide your choices and most of all, be open to all of your options. Take paint samples, wood samples or a picture of your piece along with you- lay them out together and see what looks most cohesive when pieced together.

I recently checked out Anthropologie.com and pulled a sampling for you of my favorite things. As I have a long history with Anthropologie, they continue to be my favorite place to shop for gorgeous hardware. Their styles are imaginative, bold, often quirky, timelessly romantic and usually pretty perfect.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com