Avocado & Chocolate Tart


When I first saw this recipe on another blog  I did a little research and watched a video on you tube, I was like crazy avocado and chocolate. This I have to try...and today was the day! I know this is referred to as a raw dessert, but I don't think mine is, because I used cocoa powder. And that is processed.  I really like all the recipes that I have been seeing out there in the blogosphere on raw food. It inspires me. The only thing I wish I did different was I would of bought the right dates. I ended up having to push the chocolate mixture through a sieve, the dates were to hard (even though I soaked them for a half an hour). I still managed to get the sweetness out of them, I just didn't want all the little hard bits in it.

You must taste as you make it, adding a little bit of cocoa, maple syrup, water, etc... I like my chocolate not overly sweet. The crust is really interesting, and very tasty, It could be used with many different kinds of tart fillings. I got this recipe from my friend, An Opera Singer in the Kitchen.
We haven't eaten them yet...saving them for after dinner, but I did taste the filling and the crust....YUM!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com