{pretty little ideas} a flowering weekend project




I love simple, summer projects and how they can transform moments almost instantly. And since we are in the season of full bloom I thought I would inspire you with a few ideas on how to turn some common household items & flea market finds into creative flower containers.

* Transform old bottles into vintage-inspired vases... spray exterior of bottles with several coats of spray paint, then paint the insides with dishwasher-safe glass enamel paint (clean and prime with glass enamel surface conditioner before doing this step). If you can't find the perfect color, try mixing your own! Allow 2-3 days drying time. They are just as pretty as old-fashioned milk glass and so retro they look modern!

* Turn an old caddy into an outdoor planter... spray caddy with 2 coats of spray paint and drill drainage holes in the bottom (one hole for each section). Allow drying time. I love this idea for a portable herb garden or as an accent for an outdoor seating moment (as shown).

* Bargain tins become great flowerpots... all you need is a few drainage holes. I LOVE this idea! I am thinking a bright kitchen window would look fantastic staged with a series of Campbell's soup cans!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Enjoy the summer!

*Photography via fresh style Magazine
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com