Potatoes in Tomatoes


Not sure where this recipe came from. Jonathan sent me a photo with the recipe from his phone hoping that I would make it for him :) It is really tasty and I thought I would share it. My kitchen is delivered today and starts getting installed tomorrow. Its been 3 1/2 moths coming... I am SO excited!

Potatoes in Tomatoes

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 1/2 tbsp serrano chilies
1 can chopped tomatoes
3/4 tsp turmeric
3 cups peeled and chopped potatoes
2 tsp salt or to taste
5 tbsp cilantro chopped
1 tbsp sugar or to taste

In a sauce pan heat oil, add cumin seeds and chilies. Saute for about 1 minute.
Add tomatoes with juice and turmeric. Mix well. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
Add potatoes and the cilantro. Simmer until potatoes are soft.
Season to taste.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com