Fresh fruit popsicles


All this rain and fog has got me wishing for summertime weather and food :P

I have been reading other blogs that have made these yummy treats and figured I should give it a try. I have made homemade popsicles before, but just with juice. Anything frozen on a stick is FUN and since I have two kids that will eat them up, why not?

These are really easy to make, and the possibilities are endless. Strawberries are in season where I live right now, I decided on a strawberry puree for the top and the white part is soy raspberry yogurt, and finished off with the frozen wild blueberries I have in my freezer.

Because I made the puree so thick there was no need to wait between layers for freezing, I just poured layer over layer inserted the stick and froze for about 4 hours. ( it would be even better with coconut milk, but you would have to wait between freezing's.

strawberry puree

1 cup strawberries
1/2 tbsp organic cane sugar
3- 4 tbsp apple juice

blueberry puree

1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 tbsp organic cane sugar
3-4 tbsp non-dairy milk







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com