Vegan Marshmallows with toasted coconut




A while ago I was sent some marshie mix by angel foods...it took me awhile to make them because I didn't own a candy thermometer, and I knew I would find one, somewhere, somehow, someday.

We just bought a home, and I have spent time there cleaning and getting ready to move in. A few days ago I was going through some of the stuff the people left there, and I came across a candy thermometer! SCORE!!
I was so happy, I actually did a little dance.

I have been planning on making these for sometime now,  I was amazed on how simple they were to make.
I have never eaten a homemade marshmallow before so I didn't know what to expect. They taste just like the real thing, only WAY better & fresher.

They take about an hour to set in the refrigerator. Although the instructions say to release the whole pan on a cutting board. I didn't want to screw it up. So I cut them out individually, and rolled them in toasted coconut
(I cooked that in the oven until it was golden).

My daughter came into the kitchen, and was excited to try one. She sandwiched it between two baby cookies!

The package made a 9" by 13 inch pan worth of marshmallowy  goodness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com