{idea notebook} An Old Shed Finds New Life



I had a playhouse growing up that my Dad built for me. It was a darling miniature of a real house and as you can imagine it was climbed in, through, on-top-of and nearly under. Today it still sits in my old backyard but has sadly transitioned into a downtrodden garden shed. After taking a recent trip around the grounds with the boys we came to the decision that it needed a festive face lift. (You have to admire my Dad, he has never been one to shy away from color and has an impeccable eye for how to use it.) Our hunt for inspiration began with a trip to the bookstore, the Woodsmith Store and the local Menards. After this "intensive" search we came up with the perfect model for our newest project; a delightful cottage-style house with wonderful color bursts of cherry, white and sunshine yellow. We were even inspired to utilize their smart wall grid to create a new interior layout that can accommodate garden tools and pots while opening up the floor space for a small garden cart.
I can't tell you how rewarding it is for us to stand here, some 30 years later, and see this little house that I loved so much sparkle again with her original style and charm- the newest gem in the old neighborhood.

*photography via BHG Special Interest Publications: Remodel
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com