{idea notebook} Color Me a Happy Home


Maybe it is the summer air but right now I am truly loving bold color on houses. To me it recalls my days as a student abroad in Florence. Just wandering the streets was a treat for the eye with each brightly hued door more charming than the next. When I painted my house gray with white trim, black shutters and a wonderfully blue door it caused a big stir in the neighborhood that I couldn't understand. To me color (and your choice of color) is personable, it starts a conversation or makes a statement. Why would you not want your house to reflect you individuality? So when I came across an article in Midwest Living about a unique neighborhood in Bloomington, Indiana I had to contain myself from sending out flyers to all the locals. Coined "inspiration avenue" South Dunn Street features 30 Bungalow-style homes all painted in uplifting color combinations such as ruby red and melted honey. These home owners have a true emotional connection to their homes and have embraced the idea of creating a bold new neighborhood that symbolizes their pride and joy. Bravo and happy days!

*photography via Midwest Living and a creative Mint
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com