Tofu Cheese



This afternoon I am making pizza for lunch. I really don't enjoy the vegan cheese you can buy at the store. Something about it, just doesn't  taste right, and its expensive.  I learned this recipe from the one of restaurant I worked at, it's really good especially if you sprinkle it lightly over the tomato sauce, then add the toppings.
I will post a picture of the pizza in a little bit, but the dough recipe is on my blog already.

  • 1/2 block firm tofu- grated
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp garlic powder( depending on if you love garlic..like me)
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 lemon-juiced
  • 3/4 tsp sea salt
Grate tofu, place in a bowl, mix in the rest of the ingredients. I like to use my hands, try not to over mix it, otherwise it will lose the grated "cheese" look and be more like crumble.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com