Holiday Book List: Georgia Tapert

I have had the pleasure of getting to know the lovely and very stylish Georgia Tapert this past year. Former design assistant to David Easton, Haynes-Roberts and Mica Ertegun (MACII), Georgia has a clear and heightened sense style and design. Her eponymous store Georgia Tapert Living in SOHO is a comprehensive collection of her extensive travels from across Europe, India, Asia and South America.

I recently learned that Georgia is daughter of writer Annette Tapert (her stepfather is a writer, Jesse Kornbluth). Annette’s book The Power of Style is on of my all-time favorite books to read again and again. It’s easy to see that style, talent and literary love run in the family.

The Penguin hardcover classics designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith


The Penguin hardcover classics designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith

Life is Meals by James Salter. Its not a new book, but I like to give it to foody friends.

I will also give the Jacque Adnet book. Its in French, but I have so many friends that have been waiting for a copy. Hopefully they will do an English edition soon.

I just finished reading a book Peter Viertel wrote in the 70s called Bicycle on the Beach. I will be giving this book to some girlfriends.

Jacques Grange

The penguin classics are on my want list too. I would also like to receive the Yves Saint Laurent book.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com