{inspiration} White, Black, Citron & Red


Welcome back from another wonderful summer weekend everyone. I realized Saturday as I was flipping through my September issue of Traditional Home that I don't often feature kitchens. It isn't that I don't fancy them, I actually spend most of my free time in or around our kitchen/dining space. So when I saw this wonderfully sophisticated yet cheerful space nestled on 3 acres in Bridgehampton, NY I thought it would make the perfect inspiration post to share with you.
What struck me instantly about the rooms was the color palette. Whites, acid greens, deep mahogany and black all working together to create a space that is polished, yet feels totally modern and at ease with itself. But what really drew me in and makes it utterly fantastic is the unexpected pop of red. I adore it! Combined with simple cabinets, silver hardware and a charming beadboard ceiling the room has charm & loads of quiet character.
I also couldn't pass up highlighting their fabulous dining room. Great farmhouse table, wicker backed chairs, incredibly relaxed yet polished dinnerware & a thick sisal rug are somehow all elevated up a notch by the addition of vintage inspired red water glasses. With one, well appointed tabletop the two rooms now become one thought. Love the paneled walls for added architectural detail and texture. Just perfection!


* Designed by Ken Gemes, Architect Stuart Disston
* photography via Traditional Home Magazine
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com