Garlicky Green Beans with Gomasio


What would summer be without fresh green beans and garlic? I got these delicious morsels from the vegetable garden stand at the end of the elderly couples driveway, for 2 bucks! A huge bag. I also got fresh onions, cucumbers, and a big zucchini. I pass by it every morning, so I think I get the best pickins :)

I am still waiting for my beans to get bigger. I know that I have mentioned that I don't really have a green thumb...maybe its just for certain things. My orchid that I got for my birthday, loves me and has bloomed several times. Perhaps its a watering thing, because I never water it, I can be neglectful when it comes to taking care of plants :(  My beans are also thriving, which surprised me because after they sprouted it seemed like they were being attacked by bugs (lots of holes in the leaves). So I sorta gave up on my veggie garden. I was out there looking at it feeling very depressed, after all the hard work I put into digging the grass up and my dad helping me put up the fence, seeing nothing growing but weeds. Until I seen a little red flower, and a small vine crawling up the teepee I made. I thought to myself....could I actually get some veggies?

 Here is a picture of my green bean teepee!

For now I am relying on the veggie stand for my green beans, but when I pick my own I will be SO HAPPY!


Garlicky green beans with gomasio

2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 cup onion-minced
5 cloves garlic- minced
2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
3 tbsp gomasio
sea salt
freshly ground pepper

In a cast iron pan- heat oil add onions and garlic, saute on medium/low heat until golden
Add beans and saute until soft 4-5 minutes
Add vinegar- saute until beans are desired tenderness.
sprinkle with gomasio, salt and pepper

Gomasio is toasted sesame seeds, ground up with sea salt.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com