Oyster and Brie Champagne Soup

In honor of Valentine's I thought I would share this amazing recipe from Paula Deen. It reminds me of a Champagne scallop soup my husband and I had many, many years ago at Market Fare Restaurant (now Carr's) in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I have tried many times to find a similar recipe, but to no avail. This one however is pretty terrific. Bon Appétit!

1/2 stick butter
1 large shallot, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 1/2 cups fish stock or clam juice
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 pounds ripe Brie cheese, rind removed and cut up
1 bunch chives, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Champagne
2 dozen fresh oysters

Directions
Melt butter over low heat. Add shallots and red pepper flakes and sauté until softened. Sprinkle in flour and cook until lightly colored, roughly 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the stock and cream. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; reduce to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the Brie, chives, salt and pepper, to taste, and stir until melted. Add Champagne. Add the oysters and cook for 3 minutes.

6 servings
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com