My Favorite Things


Being that today is my favorite day of the year, I thought that I would share with you some of my favorite things. I have had so much fun learning about the favorites of those I admire and still have several to post before the end of 2008. I had not intended to post my own, but several of you have asked in emails and comments so I decided to play along.

I wish all of you the very best this holiday season!


My favorite gift to receive?
Books, books and more books! And a bottle of Pol Roger.

My favorite way to celebrate the holidays
?
At home with my family! We always attend a Christmas Eve service, come home to a decadent meal and open one gift. Christmas day is a low-key affair with a delicious meal late in the afternoon.

My favorite luxury in life?
Travel and a great massage! I suffer wanderlust often these days and long for my next trip, holiday or visit to the States. This comes from a girl who was once terrified of flying and honestly believed that I would never visit Europe due to my fears—now I live in Scotland!

My favorite current book?
I have a stack next to my bed and read several at once, often not finishing a book for months. As of today I can now add Michael S. Smith Houses; Regency Redux by Emily Evans Eerdmans; High Style by Ron Woodson and Jaime Rummerfield to my bedside table.

My favorite holiday song?
My Favorite Things—both the John Coltrane and Tony Bennett version are brilliant.

My favorite party clothes
?
A Josephine Sasso dress with great jewelry!

My favorite cookie?
Peanut butter! (This is a difficult decision though since my wonderful husband bakes a wide range of cookies for the holidays.)

My favorite cites?
Paris, New York and Edinburgh

My favorite place to shop
?
Online and used bookstores.

My favorite daydream
?
The day that my name is in print and my book is on the shelf of a bookstore!

My favorite holiday movie to watch again and again?
Christmas Vacation
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com