{inspiration+mid century} opposites





I love when mid century furniture is paired with organic elements, vintage pieces or ornate accessories... treasures that are a complete deviation from it's sleek, modern design. Personally, I love pairing mid century pieces with natural stone, rough hewn woods or rich, velvety fabrics. Look at how beautiful the grey stone wall reads behind the creamy-white Egg chair, or the richness of the olive green sofa against the over-sized gilded frame ( & fantastic chevron flooring might I add). I love this juxtaposition of differences and how each great design aesthetic is elevated by it's near opposite pairing. Love it.



*Photography via Keltainen talo rannalla , Emily Henderson, {this is glamorous} via Belle Vivir



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com