{idea notebook} loving painted ceilings









Right now I am loving painted ceilings! They add such amazing drama and definition to a space. I love them with traditional architectural moldings, wide crowns or inset panels. Decorating 101 says paint on the ceiling will visually lower a ceiling and is a good option for a big space but I also love them in a smaller room as an amazing, grandiose, gorgeous statement. A little trick I often use when painting a ceiling is using the same color on the walls and the ceiling but in a 1/4 to 1/2 strength. By using the same color you keep the room cohesive yet the ceiling becomes perceptibly brighter. (Other ceiling treatment ideas I love: metallic paint, wallpaper, pressed tin, wood paneling & beadboard.) Yes, it is completely fabulous!



*Photography via Apartment Therapy



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com