Date & orange muffin




When you are pregnant sometimes you feel the urge to clean your home and change it up. "Nesting" as its referred to. I have felt it :) I put the baby crib up for the 3rd time! Yes I have had the same crib for 14 years! Insane...I know.

It is fun putting the baby clothes away. We didn't find out the gender of the baby. I like the surprise. I have one drawer of girl clothes and one drawer of boy clothes, most of which came from the thrift store and some gifts. I also purchased two rag quilts from Etsy, since Leeluu will be sharing her room I thought it would be a special something that they can both have. It is hard to believe that I only have a little under 11 weeks left!

I felt muffinish this morning so I made these, adapted from the joyofbaking.com. The sugar from the dates is sweet so feel free to cut down on the sugar. I will next time only use 1/4 cup. :)


Date & orange muffins

2 cups flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cane sugar 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp grated orange zest
1/3 cup  fresh orange juice
1 cup soy milk/ mixed with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 egg replace
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1 cup chopped dates
pumpkins seeds (optional)


Preheat oven to 350- grease a muffin tin
Mix dry ingredients together.
In a separate bowl mix wet.
Pour wet into dry. Mix until combined.
Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds
Scoop batter into tins, bake for 20 minutes or until done.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com