Vegetable pot stickers


These are super easy to make, all you need is some vegetables and wonton wrappers ( find them at an asian food store). I had 2 packages in the fridge, that were screaming to be used this afternoon. Since its raining and miserable outside I thought I would give it a try.

I found a great recipe on Vegan Yum Yum.Since there was no way I was going to make seitan this afternoon for the filling, I thought I could use up some of the veggies I bought yesterday.


The filling is garlic, ginger, green onion, mushroom, bok choy, bean sprouts, carrot, tamari, rice vinegar, ground ginger & a pinch of clove powder. I sauteed up all that until it was soft and transferred it to a bowl.


Place the mixture in the center of the wrapper and wet around the edges with your finger dipped in water. Fold over to close and squish the ends together to form a seal.
In a hot pan ( I used a cast iron) brown both sides of the potsticker with a little canola oil.
Add about 1/2 cup water and cover with a lid for 2 minutes.
Remove from pan with a slotted spoon.

Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com