Random Post




The greatest thing about writing a blog is sharing a small part of your life with readers. After two-and-a-half years of blogging I feel a certain connectedness to my blog and readers. It is a wonderfully surreal relationship, and one that is difficult to explain to anyone who doesn’t read blogs.

As most of you know, my focus is supporting creative minds, forging relationships and supporting the design community at large via blogging. But sometimes it’s fun to do something unexpected and out of character, hence the reason for this post.

Last night I took our son to a Green Day concert. Unfortunately my husband returned home to Scotland last week, so I was going solo. I’ve not been to a concert in a few years and this happened to be our son’s first. A few hours before the concert I felt a slight feeling of panic. What in the world does a 39-year-old wear to a Green Day concert!?!

Once we arrived, I realized that it really did not matter. To use a Green Day line, I had the time of my life. It also served as a good reminder: some things never change, age is a state-of-mind and most importantly, it’s really cool to witness your child’s first concert!

PostScript: In the end I decided not to worry and not try too hard! Quite honestly, there are few things worse than not being true to who you are. I opted for a White + Warren T-shirt, Levis, Converse and a CC Skye bracelet—casual and comfortable. And, for the record, my son is on his skateboard. He is not taller than me, yet!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com