Exciting New Partnership + Contest

I have been working on several side projects this summer, but the one that I am most excited about is my partnership with SFERRA Fine Linens. I first became a fan of SFERRA after owning a set of their beautiful sheets. Woven in Italy, SFERRA Egyptian-cotton sheets are super soft and, equally important, well priced for a luxury item. Once I got to know company president Paul Hooker, I was sold hook, line and sinker.

It seems that I am not alone in my appreciation of these great linens. Carolina Herrera, Jr. recently named SFERRA a favorite in Vanity Fair magazine and Thompson Hotel Group and Kor Hotel Group exclusively use SFERRA in all their rooms.

Come this fall I will be acting as an ‘ambassador’ to promote the company and their new ‘Lose Count’ campaign. Lose Count is a simple, yet important premise—when it comes to bedding, thread count is only one part of the equation. It merely tells you how many threads there are in a square inch of fabric. It does not tell you as much about the quality of the linens as many seem to think. To adequately judge the ‘quality’ of linens you also need to know the weight, fiber and the way in which the linens are finished. Of course, at the end of the day it comes down to what you like and what makes you happy.

In my opinion, this is a perfect partnership. Every day I search for the ‘best’ to share with all of you. However, as I have written many, many times, I do not believe that the ‘best’ necessarily means the most expensive. I can certainly think of several times I have bought or received ‘high quality’ (read: expensive) items and have been disappointed.

At its core, I see this campaign as an educative program that will remind people they can have the best without over-spending.



To introduce the partnership and promote the 'Lose Count' campaign we are hosting events in NYC and LA this October. The LA event will be at Nathan Turner's shop with Kelly Wearstler as our special guest. The NYC event will be at Todd Romano’s exquisite showroom, housed in The Fine Arts Building. Due to space limitations both events are strictly by invitation only.

However, I would love invite 10 readers to join me for the parties and a glass of Prosecco. Five (5) people will be drawn at random to receive an invitation to the LA event and another five (5) people will be drawn at random to receive an invitation to the NYC event.

To enter for a chance to have your name added to the guest lists, please send an email to allthebestevents@gmail.com with the subject ‘NYC’ or ‘LA’ depending on your geographical location. The body of the email should contain your full contact information. Only one entry per person. Invitations are non-transferable and limited to the named guest only. Invitees will be announced September 15, 2009.

In just a few days I will announce another super exciting contest! Stay tuned…
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com