{idea notebook} Spring Baby Shower



Hello everyone and welcome to spring! Over the holidays I was busy at work helping plan my friend's baby shower. Since the baby will be a surprise we started by creating a theme.
I became inspired by the idea of nesting and from there took my cues from a "feathering their nest" invitation I stumbled across. In my variation of the invitation both traditional colors of boy/girl are represented with a chic twist; pink becomes punch and blue grows up into navy. The end result is a shower palette that is modern, sophisticated & totally chic.
For decor we looked to D-I-Y projects that are both beautiful and easy to assemble. To begin we chose to cover all tables in a neutral linen cloth. This will provide us with a uniformed and cohesive space. Next, two large-scale arrangements of branches & birds and nests of flowers were picked to alternately decorate all tabletops. By using repetition and a visually "high" and visually "low" arrangement the room will look fuller and quickly transform into a spring wonderland. This "bang-for-your- buck" approach will save time and allow us to create a few more intricate details (gilded papier-mache eggs) and use them as smaller, decorative touches. Perfectly pretty and completely fabulous! I hope the Mommy-to-Be is party ready!
XO, Nichole

*Photography via Serena And Lily
* D-I-Y craft projects taken from Martha Stewart crafting (the goddess!)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com