{hello+katie} Betseyville on My Mind













Back in 2006, I read an article in Vogue Living about a vacation villa that designer Betsey Johnson was opening in Zihuatanejo, Mexico called Betseyville. Every year around this time, when the streets are icy and the sun rarely shines, I go back into my archives and dream about this magical place. The rooms exude a breezy warmth; filled with prints and patterns and crazy charm that only Betsey herself could dream up. Everything sings with excitement and even the colors (my favorites: fuchsia, turquoise and citron) make you happy. I like to imagine sitting at that punchy pink dining table, chatting into the wee hours of the morning with heavily tanned friends over endless pitchers of sangria. I might not ever get there but a girl can't help but dream! What's your Betseyville?

- Katie

*Photography via Fabulous Finds & Travel & Leisure
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com