{idea notebook} Small Spaces Big Ideas



Good decorating tips are always welcomed treasures in my world. I love to hear how other designers do things or what works for them in unique spaces. Today I wanted to share some thoughts about small spaces that I happen to believe in 100%. The images are via the newest issue of House Beautiful which is simply to die for this month! So go ahead and embrace even your smallest nooks and crannies, they could end up being the best places in your house!

1. Small-scale furniture makes small rooms look smaller. Try using a few pieces with height or width to add substance to a small space.
2. Dark walls can make a small room feel bigger! They can give a small room a much needed sense of depth and richness often making the space feel lush & full.

*photography by Victoria Pearson (top photo) and James Merrell (bottom photo) via House Beautiful
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com