Broccoli and Caramelized Onion Quiche


I have been super busy the last couple of weeks...I am getting ready for the Hubbards Farmers Market getting supplies planing out what I am going to make. This seems so easy, but its really a job itself. I am also teaching another vegan cooking class which involves planning a menu and making sure the recipes work. I am back cooking again for a couple which I did last summer! All this plus the regular things in life that keeps one busy :)

The Hubbards Market is this Saturday from 8-12pm, and because its more of a morning thing I decided to go the breakfast/brunch route. I have been checking out recipes for vegan quiches, and found lots. Its hard to pick one, because they all sound so good. I read the ingredients and if it sounded good I added it, increased the amounts, added a few of my own thoughts.

Orginally I was going to make the quiches in individual tart pans, but then I thought that I would be too time consuming. Its hard to cook sometimes when you only have two hands! So I opted for muffin tin style.
So far, so good, I haven't had one fall apart yet...

  • 1 block firm tofu- crumbled
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 onions- sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic-minced
  • 1 bunch broccoli- chopped into small florets
  • 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tbsp dried dill
  • 1/4 tsp chili flakes
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • freshly ground pepper

In a food processor add tofu and mix until smooth and creamy- adding water if necessary, to help with the texture.

In a saute pan, heat oil on medium heat, add onions let caramelize (about 10 minutes)
add the garlic and broccoli, saute until soft.

In a large bowl combine tofu and broccoli mixture along with everything eles. Stir it up good.

With you favorite pie crust recipe... cut out rounds and push it into a muffin tin.
scoop the tofu mixture into the shell.
Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com