Return of the Filofax?

There was an interesting article in the Telegraph today about the return of the Filofax. Figures from Selfridges out yesterday suggested that personal organizers are flying off the shelves, and sales of Filofaxes have increased 25 per cent over the last year. Even Anna Wintour has been scribbling into her organizer in the front rows of London Fashion Week.

For me, the Filofax has never gone away. I am a paper and pen person. I always have been, and I probably always will be. Nothing can replace the texture of paper, the feel of a pen and the idea of permanence.

In an age of the iPhone, do you find it is curious that such 'relics' are flourishing? Personally, I think it is a bit of a backlash in the face of a technical revolution. Of course I am not technophobic, and I love that you can (manually) 'synchronize' your Filofax with various calendar and email programs. There's even rumor of a Filofax application for the iPhone. As the article points out, the Filofax is the ultimate back-up for when your computer crashes.

It's ironic that the article appeared on the same day that my son was teasing me for being "old school" and using a Rolodex to keep track of business cards I receive. I wonder if they will make a comeback too? Any other Rolodex and Filofax users out there?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com