Profile: Carlos Souza


When it comes to sophistication and style Carlos Souza defines both words. An internationally recognized style icon, Carlos began his fashionable and formidable career with the incomparable Valentino. In his 20+ years with the Italian fashion house, he served as vice president of worldwide public relations, celebrity liaison and confidant to the legendary designer.

Inspired by his upbringing in Brazil, life in Europe and international travel, Carlos founded his own jewelry line—Most Wanted Design (MWD). An unpretentious mix of metals and precious stones are the foundation of Carlos’ unisex jewelry. Yes, unisex. Carlos publicly acknowledges the fact that it takes “guts" for men to wear his jewelry designs, yet many have wisely followed his fashionable lead.

His Most Wanted Design millennium debut took place on a yacht in the Caribbean with Claudia Schiffer, Liz Hurley, Tim Jeffries, Giancarlo Giametti and Valentino. Carlos gave Valentino and Giancarlo his unique, inscribed Charlemagne crosses, and thus his collection was born.

What inspires your creativity and designs?
My travels, fabulous friends and my sons.

What are your most prized possession
?
I prize my health, sanity and acute intuition.

What are the things life you cannot live without?
Love, peace of mind and yoga.

Who has inspired your personal style?
I have lived and worked in the very high altar of Haute Couture when exercising my PR activity for the house of Valentino. Nowadays I find that inspiration comes in the simplest forms and from nature.

Who would you most like to collaborate with on a project
?
My sons. They have very good direction in these hectic times that we are living.

What books are currently on your bedside table?
Coetzee and always some Rumi.

What is your favorite luxury in life?
I love to retreat to my farm outside Rio when I want to shut off the phone and my PC .

What is your idea of earthly happiness?
To feel love, peace and harmony inside my heart and to share that feeling with the people closest to me.

Past or present who or what has most influenced your direction in life?
The love of my family and close friends. They influence me daily in my quest to be a better person. A good direction indeed.

Profile by Ronda Carman
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com