Mykonos Grace

Travel and cooking rank high on my list hobbies. When I’m not planning a trip, I am daydreaming of the next place to travel. I am forever reshuffling my top ten places to visit, but one that always remains on the list is Greece, specifically Mykonos.

A picturesque fishing-village, dotted with whitewashed organically formed buildings, narrow alleyways and unique Cycladic architecture, boasts the title "the jewel" of the Aegean Sea.

Panagia Paraportiani, pictured above, is perhaps the most famous and most photographed church of Mykonos. It consists of four tiny whitewashed churches (Agios Sozontas, Agioi Anargyroi, Agia Anastasia, Agios Efstathios) forming one main church which dates from the 15th century.

Mykonos is one of the smallest and liveliest island of the Cyclades complex, due in part its natural beauty, rich history, cosmopolitan nightlife and magnificent sandy beaches. The place that I have read much about, and most want to stay, is Mykonos Grace, one of the island’s most beautiful boutique hotels.

Located just north of Mykonos town, the compact roadside resort appears to be just an average Cycladic white cube, but the hidden rooftop restaurant and pool provide guests with amazing views of the sea.

The atmosphere is cool, calm and minimalist. Traditional architectural elements (the work of Athenian architect Nikos Travasaros) and local craftsmanship coexist effortlessly with modern conveniences. Mykonos Grace was awarded the European Hotel Design Award in 2007. I love the peaceful and tranquil vibes of this hotel. I for one am ready to book a room.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com