Home

I should be asleep right now, but instead I am wide awake! Jet lag is terrible. My two favorite definitions of jet lag are (1) When you arrive and your luggage is in better shape than you are; and (2) Nature's way of making you look like your passport photo. Right now both definitions describe me pretty well.

I am thrilled to be back home in Scotland and I am looking forward to joining my husband in Edinburgh today. We are staying at one of our favorite hotels and having dinner at Khushis, Edinburgh's first Indian restaurant. No trip to Edinburgh is complete with out a side trip to Harvey Nichols, lucky for me it's a stone's throw from the hotel.


If only there were some way to magically transport myself back and forth between two continents, life would be so much easier. It just so happens that I am missing three great parties in NY and LA. Darn! Had I known about these events when I booked my ticket back in August I would have stayed on for a few more days.

Yesterday was breakfast with Charlotte Moss to introduce her latest China pattern with Pickard (Espalier); tonight Nathan Turner is hosting a party in honor of Carolyne Roehm's new book A Passion for Blue & White at his store in LA; and next week Becca Cason Thrash is hosting a launch party at The Carlyle for PaperCity's new book Domestic Art. Becca Cason Thrash! I have always wanted to clink a cocktail with Becca, although the stress of what to wear would probably do me in for a year.



Nathan has promised to send me photos and I will post them for all to see. Oh how I would love to meet Carolyne! I can't wait to add this book to my GROWING library. If I get photos from the other events I will post them as well.

Postscript: Please forgive any typos. Also, someone recently posted a comment about going to Edinburgh and I accidentally rejected the comment instead of posting it. I am so sorry. Please post again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com