Pumpkin love and lasagna!

pumpkin lasagna

My favorite time of year...Autumn. The crisp air, fall colours, my birthday and Halloween! I picked up a pumpkin at the end of the elderly couples driveway the other day with hopes to make a soup or something? Then I was surfing for pumpkin ideas and I came across a pumpkin lasagna. It sounded like a great way to prepare it. So I thought I would give it a whirl...

The sauce is a basic tomato sauce but instead of oregano I used sage, it smells like thanksgiving dinner.

sliced pumpkin, sprinkled with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, drizzled with olive oil and roasted
 layers of pumpkin & fresh cilantro

pour some tomato sauce on top

layer of tofu ricotta
Roasted pumpkin
1/2 small pumpkin-peeled, cored and sliced
sea salt
freshly ground pepper
olive oil

spread pumpkin in a layer on a greased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season.
bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until soft.

Tofu ricotta

1 pkg soft tofu
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
sea salt
freshly ground pepper

Mix everything in a bowl until it resembles ricotta.

I like pumpkin seeds so I kept mine and toasted them in the oven with the roasting pumpkin. Grind them up and sprinkled them on top of the lasagna. There is so many recipes with pumpkin, and they make great lanterns too!




 our pumpkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com