My Favorite Things: Michelle Adams

One of the hottest fabrics designers to emerge in recent years is the brilliant Manhattan based Michelle Adams, founder of Rubie Green. After studying apparel and textile design at Michigan State University, Michelle landed her dream job—a coveted position with domino magazine. While working on the magazine’s inaugural "green issue," she realized no one was making eco-friendly textiles in classic prints and saw an opportunity to combine her two passions: design and sustainability. So, in 2007 she left the magazine to start Rubie Green.

During her time at Michigan State University she took a course in sustainability that opened her eyes to the importance of environmentally friendly design. "My professor believed that if we are going to put more products onto the earth then we needed to do so responsibly. It's a concept that has stuck with me throughout the entire manufacturing process, despite the fact that it would have been twenty times easier to manufacture my fabrics in the traditional ways."

You can view all of Michelle’s gorgeous fabrics online. I love the new Jackie pattern, but East Village in raspberry is still my very favorite.


My favorite gift to give this year?
Design books! I'm currently obsessed with the domino Book of Decorating, Thom Filicia Style, and Live Forever: Elizabeth Peyton.

My favorite gift to receive?
This year I'm hoping for the faux fur neck warmer from Banana Republic! It looks like real fur...but it's not!

My favorite way to celebrate the holidays?
Driving with my family to our cottage. It's about a 3 hour drive, and we sing Christmas songs and make fun of each other the whole way there.

My favorite luxury in life?
An afternoon nap

My favorite current book?
The domino Book of Decorating

My favorite holiday song
?
Winter Wonderland by Aretha Franklin

My favorite party clothes
?
Costume jewelry, playful silhouettes and high heels.

My favorite cookie?
I have a bit of a sweet tooth, so I LOVE sugar cookies! Mrs. Fields' Sugar Butter m&m is a bite of heaven.

My favorite city?
I think you know the answer to that…

My favorite place to shop?
J. Crew

My favorite movie to watch again and again?
Something's Gotta Give. I've probably seen it 100 times!

Photo: Patrick Cline
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
My Ping in TotalPing.com